If a job opportunity is available at BMS, the posting will appear on this page. Employment applications can be found on the bottom of this page.
BMS is accepting applications for the following position(s):
High School Science Teacher We are interested in hiring a passionate and highly qualified individual for the High School Science teaching position. Applicants must have a strong Christian foundation, communication skills, solid teaching ability, eagerness to differentiate instruction to meet diverse learning needs, and a willingness to team and collaborate with colleagues. Secondary science teaching certificate is desired. Specialization in the Sciences and prior teaching experience is required. Clearances will be required upon hiring.
Maintenance Coordinator (Part-time, mornings or afternoons) The Maintenance Coordinator should have a strong background in and understanding of basic machines, general building maintenance, plumbing repair, and grounds upkeep. This position would also involve monitoring inventory of supplies and ordering replacements as needed to maintain two campus buildings. Knowledge of heating and cooling systems is preferred. Communication with and oversight of the daytime Facilities Manager will be required in order to ensure seamless daily coverage of the school. A high school diploma and former related experience is required. Clearances will be required upon hiring.
Junior High Boys Basketball Coach We are looking for an energetic individual to direct a team of boys in grades 6-8. Must be able to effectively teach the fundamentals of the game and communicate clearly with players and parents. Previous coaching experience is beneficial, but not required. This position typically involves 3-4 evenings per week during the basketball season and is a great opportunity to invest in the lives of young people!
Desired qualifications of all candidates:
- An individual who has a vital relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and is skilled at mentoring and modeling for his/her students to what it means to be a follower of Christ
- An individual who is intellectually and professionally curious, a person interested in becoming an expert in his or her field
- An individual who understands and supports the mission and vision of Belleville Mennonite School
Desired qualifications of teacher candidates:
- Teacher candidates must hold at least a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university to be eligible for employment as a teacher at Belleville Mennonite School
- Has or is eligible for A.C.S.I. teaching certification
- Shows proficiency in technology, organizational and administrative skills
- A teacher who is ready to integrate vibrant faith with excellent academics, while providing a safe and healthy classroom environment
Interested individuals should submit an employment application (below), resume, and necessary clearances to:
Belleville Mennonite School
4105 Front Mountain Road
Belleville, PA 17004
Clearances required include Act 34 Request for Criminal Record Check, Act 151 PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Act 114 FBI Federal Criminal History Record, Act 168 Form/Release and Act 126 Child Abuse Recognition and Reporting Act. All costs associated with the record checks are to be paid by applicant.