Procedures for Weather Emergencies
- Parents will receive an automated phone call or text message for cancellations, delays, or early dismissals.
- Morning PreK does not meet if there is a 2-hour delay.
- Half-day Kindergarten will still meet and dismiss at 12:30 PM if there is a 2-hour delay.
- Pre-K Counts class starts at 10:00 if there is a 2-hour delay, at 11:00 if there is a 3-hour delay. If there is an early dismissal, the class dismisses with the rest of the school.
- The office staff follows the same schedule as the students; if there is a 2-hour delay, cancellation, or early dismissal, the office staff will not be in the office.
- BMS follows the Mifflin County School District in any weather related closings, delays or early dismissals.
- Do not rely on the radio or television for updates on cancellations, delays or early dismissals.
- Cancellations, delays and early dismissals are not formally announced on the BMS Facebook page.
- The BMS website will list an updated announcement.
The safety of our students is a top priority and communicating information to you as their parents is also very important to us! We will let our parents know as soon as we are informed of delays, cancelations or early dismissals from the Mifflin County School District or other school districs where our students reside. Please do not call the school asking about these announcements before an alert is sent; we will do our very best to notify parents as soon as we possibly can. Thank you!