Our Mission: Belleville
Our Vision: Empowering students to cultivate academic excellence and a passion for Christ.
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that God is the Creator of all things, a God of providence, and the Author of our salvation through Christ.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ the divine Son of God, who for our salvation took upon Himself human nature. He was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and revealed God to the human family, suffered a vicarious death, was resurrected and ascended to the Father, where He now appears as our intercessor-. We believe in His personal return to power and glory.
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, that He was sent by the Father and Christ, that He loves, searches, testifies, guides, empowers, and intercedes for the believers.
5. We believe the Holy Scriptures are verbally inspired of God and are our only infallible rule of faith and practice.
6. We believe that man was created holy and that through disobedience fell and therefore is by nature and practice, a sinner separated from God and can become God’s child only by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and that from all eternity God knew who would be the believers in Christ, and as such are elected according to the foreknowledge of God.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and unsaved; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, a brotherhood of redeemed, a disciplined people obedient to the Word of God, who live by the principle of love and who refrain from force and violence in human relations with an inner urge to build and extend the Kingdom of God by the conversion of men to Christ.
9. The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all we believe. For the purposes of doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of Trustees is the school's final interpretive authority on the Bible's meaning and application.
Belleville Mennonite School has been educating and enriching the lives of young people since 1945 and although the buildings, teachers, families and students have changed over the years, the mission has remained the same. BMS remains committed to providing students with the best education in the classroom in an environment that develops the faith of each individual. Our talented faculty inspire students to not only achieve in the classroom, but to deepen their faith and personal walk with the Lord.
Develop Minds. Build Faith.