ENROLLMENT FOR NEW FAMILIES IS NOW OPEN for the 2018-2019 school year! Feel free to call our office anytime with your admission questions. We would love to speak with you about a BMS education for your child or children! You can reach us at 717.935.2184.
We also are more than happy to give you a tour of our school. This will give you great insight into who we really are. You'll be able to see our classrooms, learn about our academic and extracurricular programs and get all of your questions answered.
Additionally, Parents and students who are interested in the objectives and purposes of Belleville Mennonite School are invited to apply for admission! Admission of a student into BMS means that the parents or guardians automatically become members of the patron body with the responsibilities and rights that go along with such membership. Procedures for admission are as follows:
- An application must be completed, and returned to BMS. You can mail your application to, 4105 Front Mountain Road, Belleville, PA 17004, drop it off at the school or fax it to us at 717.935.5641.
- Parents are interviewed by BMS administration. Administration will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees who will then determine acceptance to the patron body and school.
Minimum requirements for admission include:
- A commitment of cooperation with the school shall be made by the student and parent. It is expected that at least one parent be a Christian, and that those basic doctrines in the school's Statement of Faith (below) be accepted.
- Capacity to do the course work as evidenced by test scores or other satisfactory evidence.
- Transfer students shall have no discipline action, either pending or final, barring them from returning to the school previously attended.
- Enrollment is not final until all financial arrangements have been completed. All applicants will be considered regardless of denomination, race or national origin.
- Prospective Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by September 1, of the school year.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
2. We believe that God is the Creator of all things, a God of providence, and the Author of our salvation through Christ.
3. We believe in Jesus Christ the divine Son of God, who for our salvation took upon Himself human nature. He was born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, and revealed God to the human family, suffered a vicarious death, was resurrected and ascended to the Father, where He now appears as our intercessor. We believe in His personal return to power and glory.
4. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, that He was sent by the Father and Christ, that He loves, searches, testifies, guides, empowers, and intercedes for the believers.
5. We believe the Holy Scriptures are verbally inspired of God and are our only infallible rule of faith and practice.
6. We believe that man was created holy and that through disobedience fell and therefore is by nature and practice, a sinner separated from God and can become God’s child only by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ, and that from all eternity God knew who would be the believers in Christ, and as such are elected according to the foreknowledge of God.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and unsaved; those who are saved unto the resurrection of life, those unsaved unto the resurrection of damnation.
8. We believe that the Church is the Body of Christ, a brotherhood of redeemed, a disciplined people obedient to the Word of God, who live by the principle of love and who refrain from force and violence in human relations with an inner urge to build and extend the Kingdom of God by the conversion of men to Christ.
9. The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all we believe. For purposes of doctrine, practice, policy and discipline, our Board of Trustees is the school’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
Statement of Sexuality and Marriage
1. We believe that God immutably creates each person to reflect His image as male or female.
2. We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography or any attempt to change one’s sex, or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and offensive to God. We do not consider homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgenderism as acceptable alternative lifestyles or sexual “preferences.” They are incompatible with the divine design for sexuality and the marriage covenant, as well as unhealthy and destructive to individual persons, families, and society.
3. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning and that is marriage sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive and lifelong union, as delineated in Scripture.